Search engine optimisation, or SEO, is what we do. Its about ensuring that a website ranks for relevant search terms. It also means ensuring that the traffic received from search engines converts into sales.
THERE ARE THREE MAIN STEPS:
- Choose the right keywords to target – they must be relevant, achievable and profitable
- Tailor your site according to those keywords – help search engines see that your website relates to those words
- Build links pointing towards your site – preferably those that encourage search engines to view your site as an important one in your particular market
The process is considerably more complex than that, with Google having said that when calculating rankings it considers over 200 factors – some with up to 500 variations. Nevertheless, these three points stand as a good framework for any SEO campaign.
WHY EMPLOY A SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION (SEO) COMPANY?
- 80% of online transactions start with a search engine
- Google handles several hundred million searches a day
- Most people never get past the first page of results
If your website is not ranking on the front page for relevant terms, you cannot expect to compete online. If your website is not on that first page, it is, to some extent, invisible.
WHAT SHOULD YOUR SEO COMPANY OFFER?
- A proven track record
- Technical know-how
- An understanding of your business needs
- A comprehensive and natural link building campaign
Can your current SEO company give you all of this?
WHAT’S NEW IN SEO?
Google is forever changing its emphasis in its efforts to create perfect search results. As a leading SEO company, we aim to keep you informed of recent changes Google has made. Changes affect how we do SEO.
Keeping it natural
Over the last 12 months or so, having a links profile that appears natural, not manipulated, has become more important than the sheer number of links pointing towards your site. This emphasis has ramifications for the type, source and anchor text of your inbound links.
Google Local updates
Having a bricks and mortar address referenced on your website and a Google Local listing has become essential in order to rank well for many search terms.
The Google Instant suggestion tool is changing the way people search. Users are moving away from short one- and two-word search terms towards longer three-, four- and five-word terms, which are more specific to their needs.
A recent Google update geared towards rewarding sites with higher quality web content while simultaneously lowering the rankings of sites that are not well-written.